Wonders of South India
Destination Covered : Bangalore – 1 night, Mysore- 2 nights, Kabini-3 nights, Ooty – 2 nights, Madurai-2 nights, Munnar-2 nights, Alleppey – 1 night, Cochin -1 night Total : 14 Nights/15 Days.
Bangalore On arrival into Bangalore, you will be met by a local guide and transferred to your hotel. After settling in, discover the cosmopolitan hub of India's booming IT industry peppered with Victoria-era architecture on your afternoon tour of the city. Visit the atmospheric Bull Temple, home to an enormous granite monolith of Nandi the celestial bull, wander through Lalbagh Botanical Gardens to admire the world's most diverse plant species and marvel at Vidhan Soudha's colossal Neo-Dravidian architectural splendour. In the evening, sample delicious local delights at your welcome meal.
Bangalore to Mysore Following breakfast, depart Bangalore for the 18th century fort town of Srirangapatnam, once the stronghold of ruler Tipu Sultan before his defeat by colonial forces. Cross the main bridge over the Cauvery River to discover intriguing monuments documenting South India's power struggles, including a striking marble church built by French missionaries. Later, proceed to your hotel in the ancient city of Mysore.
Mysore Considered one of India's most flamboyant cities, Mysore boasts a glittering royal heritage, bustling marketplaces and a thriving centre for yoga expertise. Your full day tour takes you to the heart of the city and one of India's grandest royal abodes - the sprawling Mysore Palace. Discover the palace's painted glass ceiling with peacock motifs in the Marriage Pavilion, treasured royal paintings that line the Public Durbar Hall and a glistening Golden Howdah used to carry the Maharaja. Atop the nearby Chamundi hills, visit the Chamundi Temple famed for intricate carvings on its towering gopuram entrance and panoramic vistas over Mysore.
Mysore to Kabini This morning travel to Kabini - wild wetlands that surround the Kabini River. The riverbanks boast a rich variety of wildlife, particularly in summer as the receding water presents luscious meadows on either side. Upon arrival, enjoy the remainder of today at leisure.
Kabini Spend this morning exploring the surrounding jungle on a jeep safari. From peculiar beaked Malabar Pied Hornbills perched upon mammoth Rosewood trees, to Indian bison meandering across the road and the prized Bengal tiger pacing amongst evergreen bamboo, your safari route gives you the best chance to observe South India's most intriguing natural inhabitants. In the afternoon, spot the plethora of majestic water birds and marsh crocodiles stalking shallow waters during your river safari.
Kabini Your final day in Kabini will be free for you to spend at leisure.
Kabini to Ooty After breakfast journey to the hill station of Ooty, one of three that occupy the UNESCO recognised biome of Nilgiri Hill. For the next two nights, your elevated position offers stunning views across the southern plains and tea gardens that hug the sloping terrain.
Ooty Completed in 1899 by British colonial forces, the Nilgiri Mountain Railway transports passengers through a series of gauges, across lofty bridges and around hillsides blanketed by tea plantations. Having completed this extraordinary sightseeing route, head to the nearby Toda tribe for a humbling insight into indigenous life; witness a village of barrel-shaped bamboo huts occupied by residents adorning cotton shawls and learn how water buffalos are central to this fascinating way of life.
Ooty to Madurai Depart Ooty for one of India's oldest cites, Madurai. As an important place of worship and commerce, it encapsulates the complex historical tapestry of South India. Later this evening, witness a night ceremony at Madurai's biggest temple; during this procession, behold the spectacle of Lord Shiva's bronze statue being carried to the Hindu God of Love's bedchamber, accompanied by religious prayer and atmospheric temple music.
Madurai This morning, visit one of India's grandest temples, Meenakshi Amman Temple. This complex presents 33,000 sculptures, illustrating vivid Hindu tales amongst 12 gargantuan gopuram towers engraved with gods, goddesses and demons - all in staggering detail. The pinnacle of your visit and testimony to the region's architectural finesse lies within the 'Hall of a Thousand Pillars', a masterpiece of lifelike sculptures clinging to towering pillars within a vast gallery.
Madurai to Munnar Following breakfast, cross into the Indian state of Kerala arriving in Munnar - a region famed for its rolling hillsides coated in emerald tea plantations. The rest of your day is at leisure.
Munnar Today visit natural splendours of the region including the mirror-like waters of Mattupetty Lake, call out at Echo Point whilst listening patiently to the returning call from surrounding hills, discover the origins of your morning tea at a plantation and witness the unforgettable scene of the Jungle Honey Bee Nest - 25 hives occupying a single tree. Return to Munnar for a well-deserved rest.
Munnar to Alleppey In the morning, travel from Munnar to Alleppy - a hub of Kerala's vast waterway network. Here you will board a traditional houseboat which will be your transport and accommodation for the night. Enjoy a leisurely cruise through winding backwaters and meander through picturesque lagoons to admire stunning rural scenery whilst observing quaint surrounding villages.
Alleppey to Cochin Beckoning merchants and explorers for over 500 years, the port city of Cochin offers a dynamic cultural mixture of Portuguese houses, ancient mosques and crumbling remains of British colonialism, all overlooking the tropical Malabar Coast. Disembark this morning for a half-day sightseeing tour to visit the seemingly modest Mattancherry Palace, home to astonishing Hindu murals depicting Puranic legends. Continue to the edifice of St Francis Church, believed to be one of India's oldest churches and gaze at Cochin's promenade, lined with distinct spiderlike Chinese fishing nets. This evening, enjoy a farewell meal at your hotel.
Cochin to UK Depart your hotel after breakfast and transfer to the airport for your scheduled flight back to the UK.
- Garlanding upon arrival
- Accommodation in mentioned or similar hotels on Twin sharing/ double occupancy basis.
- Meal Plan – Bed & Breakfast basis except in Kabini & Alleppey.
- In Kabini - Accommodation on AD Plan (AD : Anytime Dining – Periodical menu available at a specific restaurant round the clock in addition to dining during normal restaurant hours)
- In Alleppey – Full Board basis (Breakfast + Lunch +Dinner)
- 02 Jungle Safaris at Kabini
- Kathakali Dance show at Cochin
- Airport / hotel transfers + city tour + Drives by Air - Condition vehicle with ALL INDIA TOURIST PERMIT. (02 Pax : ETIOS / SWIFT, 03-04 Pax : Innova, 05-10 Pax : Tempo Traveller, 11-15 Pax : Mini Coach)
- Driver bata, parking, toll, fuel.
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person Per Person
- All currently applicable taxes, however, any other tax as and when levied by the Government shall be extra.
- Any International/Domestic Air fare / Train fare / Visa Fees
- Any Tips
- Any other rides / Trekking
- Any Meals which is not specified in inclusions.
- Any Escort / Guide Charges
- Any Personal nature expenses like camera fees, telephone / laundry, liquor bills etc.
- Any Travel insurance etc.
- And anything which is not specified in includes.
- Please note that any hike in - Taxes, Entrance fees of monuments/ museums, fuel or guide charges levied by Government of India, shall be charged extra.
- Rates are subject to change without any prior notice.
- For further upgrade to higher category hotels – same can be done with extra supplement amount.
- The Rates are valid from Oct. 2016 till March 2017 except 20 Dec. 2016 – 10 Jan. 2017
- Note -Please note our above given proposal is offer only not package confirmation. Once we received acceptance from you then we will process the booking and send you the confirmation – In case of non availability of mentioned hotel we will provide you same category other hotel.
DATES & PRICE
Prices for Wonders of South India Tour
PACKAGE COST PER PERSON BASED ON TWIN SHARING AND BED & BREAKFAST BASIS
PACKAGE COST PER PERSON BASED ON TWIN SHARING AND BED & BREAKFAST BASIS
|No of Pax||Price valid till Sept. 2018||Prices valid from Oct. 18 to March 2019|
|05-10 Pax||£ 1648 per person||£ 1721 per person|
|11-15 Pax||£ 1601 per person||£ 1690 per person|
|Sgl. Supplement||£ 847||£ 859|
|Meal Supplement (HB Basis)||£ 149 per person||£ 149 per person|
Hotels in use
Hotels in uses (mentioned or similar):-
|City||4 Star Hotels|
|Mysore||Hotel Sullivian court|
|Kabini||Orange Country Resort|
|Madurai||GRT Regency / Madurai Residency|
From £ 1648 per person